Jack: Mary, this company is pretty good. I really want to have an interview.
得杰克:玛丽,这家公司不错,我很想去面试一下。
Mary: Have you made an appointment with this company
玛丽:你和这家公司预约面试了吗
Jack: Not yet. Do I have to
杰克 :还没有呢。面试还要预约吗
Mary: Yes, its very important to make an appointment before the interview.
玛丽:是的,在面试前做好预约很重要。
Jack: Why
杰克:为什么呢
Mary: If you go to the company without appointment, the interviewers may happen to be busy with other things, and have no time to give you an interview.
玛丽:如果你没有预约就去公司了,恰巧公司的面试人员在忙别的事情,就没空面试你了。
Jack: Yes, you are right.
杰克:是的,你说得对。
Mary: If the interviewers are not in the company, you will go there for nothing.
玛丽:如果面试人员不在公司的话,你还是白跑一趟。
Jack: Sure. Why didnt I think of that
杰克:没错。我怎么没想到呢
Mary: So you should make an appointment in advance with the company for the interview.
玛丽:因此,你去面试前一定要和公司预约好。
Jack: Then how can I make the appointment
杰克:那我该如何预约呢
Mary: You could directly call the company and arrange the time and place for the interview.
玛丽:你可以直接拔打公司的电话,确定面试的时间和地点。
Jack: Ok, I see.
杰克:好的,我知道了。
Mary: If you succeed in doing that, you must attend the interview on time.
玛丽:如果你预约成功了,就要准时参加面试。
核心英语词汇总
reserve [riz:v] 预约,保留
order [:d] n.订单,命令 n.
make an appointment 预约,约会
date [deit] n. 日期,约会 v. 约会,定日期
important [imp:tnt] adj. 重要的
happen to 恰巧,碰巧
be busy with 忙于做某事
have no time 没时间
go there for nothing 白跑一趟
In vain 徒劳,无效
succeed [sksi:d] v. 成功,继承,继续
fail [feil] v. 失败,不及格,辜负,缺少
on time 准时
arrive late 迟到
in time 及时
vacant [veiknt] adj. 空的
make sure 确定
sorry [sri] adj. 对不起的, 抱歉的 int. 对不起
查看全文
false