您好,欢迎来到爱学范文!

当前位置:爱学范文网>>实用资料>>英语口译人员需要准备的事情

英语口译人员需要准备的事情

标签:时间:

  1. Read extensively, especially in your non-native language(s).

  广泛阅读,尤其是非母语类阅读。

  Read high quality newspapers (e.g. the New York Times, Wall Street Journal) EVERY DAY for at least a year.

  每天阅读优质报纸(例如:《纽约时报》、《华尔街日报》),并且至少坚持一年。

  Read high quality news magazines , cover to cover.

  一页一页地阅读优质新闻杂志。

  Read your favorite topics in your non-native language(s).

  阅读非母语类的你最感兴趣的话题。

  Read other well-written material that will help broaden your general knowledge.

  阅读其他能够拓展你知识面的优秀资料。

  2. Watch the TV news and listen to radio news and podcasts on current events in all working languages.

  收看收听所有工作语言的最新时事电视新闻、广播新闻和播客。

  Dont just listen to news stories; analyze them.

  别只听新闻内容,还要有所分析。

  Keep abreast of current events and issues.

  随时了解最新时事和问题。

  Record news programs and interviews so you can listen to them later.

  录下新闻节目和访谈,以便日后细听。

  3. Live in a country where your non-native language is spoken.

  在非母语的国家生活。

  A stay of at least six months to a year is recommended.

  推荐至少呆上半年至一年时间。

  Live with and/or frequently interact with native speakers of your non-native language.

  与母语为你的非母语的人生活,或者经常跟他们进行交流。

  Take content-related courses (e.g. macroeconomics, political science) in your non-native language (not just pure language courses).

  参加非母语类相关内容的课程(例如:宏观经济学、政治学),而不是纯语言类的课程。

  Work in a setting that requires high level use of your non-native language.

  在严格要求使用非母语的环境中工作。

  4. Strengthen your general knowledge of economics, history, the law, international politics, and scientific concepts and principles (in that order).

  强化你在经济、历史、法律、国际政治以及科学概念和原理方面的知识(按此顺序)。

  Take college-level courses, review high school texts, etc.

  学习大学级别的课程,复习高中课文等。

  Strengthen your knowledge in a specialized field (preferably in a technical field, such as computers).

  加强你在某一专业领域的知识(尤其是科技领域,比如计算机)。

  5. Fine-tune your writing and research skills.

  训练你的写作和研究技能。

  Take challenging composition courses (not just creative writing courses, but classes in journalism, technical writing, etc.) so you can speakjournalese, UNese, legalese, etc.

  参加有挑战性的写作课(不是那种纯粹的创新写作课程,而是关于新闻写作、科技类写作的课程),这样你才能了解新闻文体、联合国文体、法律文体等等。

  Copy (by hand) sections of textbooks and periodicals in your non-native language(s).

  用非母语手写抄下课本的节选和期刊的文摘。

  Make a note of unfamiliar or troublesome grammatical points and work towards mastering them.

  列出不熟悉或难搞定的语法点,然后努力攻克它们。

  Practice proofreading.

  练习纠错能力。

  6. Improve your public speaking skills.

  提高你的公开演讲能力。

  Take rigorous speech courses.

  参加严格的演讲课程。

  Practice writing and making presentations in front of other people in both your native and foreign language(s). (Have native speakers of your non-native language edit your speeches.)

  用母语和外语在他人面前练习写作和演讲。请将你正在学习语言的作为母语的人纠正你的演讲。

  7. Hone your analytical skills.

  磨练你的分析能力。

  Practice listening to speeches and orally summarizing the main points.

  练习收听演讲并口头概括要点。

  Practice writing summaries of news articles.

  练习提炼新闻文章的要点。

  Practice decipheringdifficult texts (e.g. philosophy, law, etc.).

  练习分析艰涩文章(例如:哲学、法律等等)。

  Practice explaining complicated concepts understandably.

  练习明确阐述复杂概念。

  Identify resources for background research (e.g. library, Internet, etc.).

  找出基础研究的资料来源。(例如:图书馆、网络等等)。

  8. Become computer savvy.

  做电脑达人。

  Familiarize yourself with navigation and file management under current Windows operating systems (most of the software tools used in the localization industry today are not compatible with the Apple operating system).

  熟悉最新Windows操作系统中的导航功能和文件管理。目前,大部分本地化产业所使用的软件工具都无法与苹果操作系统相媲美。

  Develop an understanding of the features Windows offers for multilingual processing, such as language-specific keyboard layouts, regional settings for units of measurement.

  了解Windows多语言处理的功能特征,例如特定语言的键盘布局、测量单位的区域设置。

  Learn to use advanced functions of Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office applications in both your native and non-native languages.

  学会用母语和非母语使用Word、Excel以及其他办公软件的高级功能。

  Become an expert in search engines and online research by using these tools on a daily basis.

  通过每天使用上述工具成为搜索和网络调查方面的能手。

  9. Learn how to take care of yourself.

  学会照顾好自己。

  Eat sensibly, exercise regularly, and get sufficientsleep. These are all habits required of a good translator/interpreter.

  理性饮食、规律运动并保证睡眠充足。以上都是成为优秀笔译员/口译员的必备习惯。

  10. Be prepared for lifelong learning.

  做好终生学习的准备。

  Be patient. Bringing your language skills and analytical skills up to the level required of a professional translator or interpreter is not a task that can be accomplished in a few short years. Only with a lot of sustained hard work can anyone truly succeed in these challenging and exciting fields.

  要耐心。专业笔译员或口译员的语言技能和分析能力并非一两年就能达到的。只有付出持之以恒的辛勤努力,你才能在这些既充满挑战又令人兴奋的领域里获得成功。

推荐阅读:

    想了解更多实用资料的资讯,请访问:实用资料
    下载文档

    看过《英语口译人员需要准备的事情》的人还看了以下文章

    延伸阅读

    本文《读脑筋急转弯有感作文450字》由读后感大全整理,仅供参考。  每一本书都隐藏着无穷无尽的知识,当我读完后都受益匪浅,当然!这本书也不例外。脑筋急转弯多么有趣的名字呀!  我小心翼翼地打开书,

    谢维扬同志在开展保持共产党员先进性教育活动中,通过参加上级党委举办的专家讲课和先进人物事迹报告会,通过认真学习党章和学习辅导材料,他深刻认识到:开展保持共产党员先进性教育活动意义重大,是解决党员队伍中

    教师职业发展规划我一直从事中学英语教学工作,并且担任班主任工作,其间还管理着学校的网络。在学校领导和同事们的关心和指导下,我的工作取得了些许进步和成绩。但与此同时,我深深感到自己还有很多不足之处,还有

    【半年工作总结】收费站季度工作总结及下季度工作计划X年第二季度,XX收费站在上级领导的关心和指导下,不断加强内部管理,努力做好收费业务工作,全站员工齐心协力,认真贯彻落实崇左运营公司及XX分公司的各项

    我村共有475户农户,总人口1502,占地面积约2.5平方公里,二十多家企业,近1000名职工。20xx年,我村安全生产工作在村支部及村委的重视和关心下,在上级安委会的监督和指导下,基本完成年初制

    1、打开窗,让新春的风吹进你的屋子,让新春的雪飞进你的屋子,让我新春的祝愿,通过这条消息,飘进你的心坎2、大海啊全是水,蜘蛛啊全是腿,辣椒啊真辣嘴,认识你啊不后悔。祝新年快乐,天天开怀合不拢嘴!

    整治烟花爆竹工作方案7篇最新烟花爆竹一定要得到严格控制,燃放烟花爆竹如果操作不当或者因为产品质量不合格等方面的原因,爆炸时极容易造成身体伤害事故,特别是眼、耳、口、鼻等五官的伤害。下面是小编给大家带来

    回顾2023年来的工作,我在思想上、学习上、工作上都取得了很大的进步,成长了不少,但也清醒地认识到自己的不足之处,在以后的工作中,我一定会扬长避短,克服不足、认真学习、发奋工作、积极进取、尽快成长,把[db:cate]

    科技的说明文1对于科技这个词语,大家都很熟悉。简单说来,科技就是科学技术。从广义的角度来看,它是指自然科学技术和社会科学技术的总和。改革开放以来,随着时间的推移,科技如雨后春笋,正在祖国大地下面是小编

    随着法律观念的日渐普及,我们用到合同的地方越来越多,正常情况下,签订合同必须经过规定的方式。那么合同应该怎么制定才合适呢?下面是小编帮大家整理的最新合同模板,仅供参考,希望能够帮助到大家。购销合同最新